Monday, June 22, 2026

WEST SUBURBAN SUMMER SCHOOL CLASS: WRITING TO GET PUBLISHED

WEST SUBURBAN SUMMER SCHOOL CLASS:
WRITING TO GET PUBLISHED

THIS PAGE HOLDS LITERALLY HUNDREDS OF MARKETS FOR YOUR WORK...

HOWEVER: the competition for the few places on their websites or in their paper-magazines is FIERCE!!!! There's no guarantee that they'll accept and publish your work...but there IS A CHANCE!!!

Follow their submission directions and prepare something that FITS THEIR PUBLICATION!

Above all -- READ THE PAGES BEFORE YOU SEND SOMETHING TO THEM!


https://www.highlightskids.com/asks/share-with-us/your-own-pages

https://bluemarblereview.com/submit/

THE LOFT IS A "SCHOOL" TEACHING-PLACE FOR EVERYONE -- FROM ELEMENTARY STUDENTS TO OLD PEOPLE LIKE ME!

THEIR CLASSES COST MONEY -- BUT SOME OF THEIR CONTESTS DO NOT! GO HERE FOR THE CURRENT LIST OF EVENTS YOU MIGHT BE INTERESTED IN!

https://loft.org/upcoming-events

https://storyworks.scholastic.com/pages/storyworks-contests/year-long-contest.html

https://library.stillwatermn.gov/youth-writing-contest/

https://writetheworld.org/competition-page/5325

https://one-story.com/write/one-teen-story-contest/

https://www.youthplays.com/submit_play.php

THE CONTEST FOR 2026 IS CURRENTLY CLOSED, FOLLOW THIS LINK LATER THIS YEAR OR EARLY NEXT YEAR FOR THE 2027 CONTEST!

https://www.junior-writers.com/competitions/when-the-world-slows-down-kids-writing-competition/

GO HERE NEXT YEAR (2027)!

https://thebekindpeopleproject.org/essay-contest/

AGAIN -- THESE ARE NOT ALL "GOING ON NOW!" YOU MAY HAVE TO CHECK AROUND FOR THE CURRENT WRITING CONTESTS...BUT DON'T GIVE UP!

https://youngwritersproject.org/tomorrow

https://education.ket.org/for-learners/k-12/young-writers-contest

SEVERAL WSSS-WTGP students have had their work published here!

https://www.bazoof.com/submit/

THIS IS NOT A MARKET, BUT A PLACE TO LEARN MORE ABOUT BEING A WRITER -- IT'S IN MARCH AND MAY (JUST BEFORE THE END OF THE SCHOOL YEAR) EVERY YEAR. ((I've taught seminars at the YOUNG AUTHORS CONFERENCE for years (including THIS past year!) FIND OUT MORE ABOUT IT! ASK YOUR TEACHER IF KIDS FROM YOUR SCHOOL GET TO GO TO THIS!

https://sparkpath.org/yac-impact

HOW CAN I WRITE BETTER SCRIPTS?
https://scriptshadow.net/how-to-write-better-scripts-than-everyone-else/

HOW CAN I WRITE BETTER POETRY?

https://poetryschool.com/theblog/how-to-poetry-writing-tips-for-beginners/

HOW CAN I WRITE BETTER STORIES?

https://www.aliventures.com/writing-fiction-tips/

HOW CAN I WRITE BETTER ARTICLES?

https://www.thewriterscollege.com/how-to-improve-your-article-writing-skills/

HOW CAN I WRITE A NOVEL?

https://nathanbransford.com/how-to-write-a-novel

(I was in an online writer's group with him! He's GOOD! And he's PUBLISHED by a real publisher!)






No comments:

Post a Comment